The law office of Barr, Anhut & Assciates, P.C. is a general practice firm. Although we offer services in many areas of the law, the following are areas in which the firm has experience and proficiency:
- The firm is experienced in municipal work and represents the City of Ypsilanti, Lodi Township, the Saline Area Fire Department, and is the prosecutor for the City of Milan. The firm has previously represented the cities of Allen Park, Belleville, and Taylor; the townships of Augusta and Canton; and the Tecumseh DDA.
- Estate planning includes consultation and drafting of wills, trusts, powers of attorney, and other estate planning documents.
- The firm offers full probate services, as well as Trust Administration and 706 Estate Tax Return preparation. We are also experienced litigators in the areas of guardianships and conservatorships.
- The firm is experienced in handling simple and complex family law matters, including prenuptial agreements, divorce, child custody, child support, and personal protection orders.
- The firm furnishes a wide range of legal services to private and government clients. Included are business law services such as business consulting, formation, incorporation, partnership, limited liability companies, and filing for individual owners.
Real Estate Law
- Real estate law includes representing buyers and sellers, business sales and purchases, title transfer, drafting of documents such as deeds, leases, land contracts, easements, title restrictions, and other real estate matters.
- John M. Barr is a Certified Civil Mediator and Case Evaluator on the list of the Washtenaw County Circuit Court. He is available to help resolve cases and disputes with facilitative mediation.
- The firm has considerable experience in criminal law and offers representation of defendants in drunk driving, driver license restoration matters, misdemeanor and felony prosecutions.
Because the firm prosecutes criminal cases for the City of Ypsilanti, the City of Milan, and Lodi Township, the firm may not accept employment in any criminal defense matter that involves the Ypsilanti City Police, the Milan Police Department, or when the act was alleged to have been committed in the City of Ypsilanti, the City of Milan, or Lodi Township.